I Love the Way You Love You
Self Love is the Best Love
No question. No contest. No competing. Periodt.
If you're like me (and all the other humans on earth) some days it is all love and others you are on the whole struggle bus to get your self love on. Feeling like this is quite normal; also, really annoying, but normal none the less.
So, how do you stay on your self love vibe on off days?
Don't pretend. Be you on all the days in all the moments. Being authentically you gives you freedom. It also tells the universe what you are about consistently. Let the vibe that is authentically you shine full time.
You know know. We can get into a habit of seeking answers from outside sources forgetting that we have all of our own answers. Other people can help us understand or shine a light on our understanding of ourselves, but we know know us. Call it what you want to call it, intuition, gut, the universe - if you can quiet your ego and calm your spirit, you can figure out what you truly desire.
Speaking of quiet and clarity, time alone in solitude can bring clarity, too much time alone brings isolation and sadness. It is a tricky balance to hold, but if you spend time with yourself, asking, listening to 'what do I truly need' you'll find that tricky balance to work for you.
Journaling as an Act of Self Love
“Writing in a journal... offers a place where you can hold a deliberate, thoughtful conversation with yourself.” – Robin S. Sharma
Journaling can be used as a conversation with yourself, a deep conversation that you need to have to stay aligned with yourself. Not sure where to start? Check out this list of journal prompts:
- Write down what you want your life to feel like. Avoid specific people, places, and the how, in general. Focus on how you want to feel in your life, let the how take care of itself.
- What are you proudest of this week, this month, this year?
- When is the last time I felt authentically myself, what was it about that time that felt like me?
- What made me smile today?
- When is the last thing someone said something to me that inspired me? What was it?
- What does my perfect day look like? What does it feel like? Who is there with me?
Taking care of you isn’t always sexy; it is, however the right thing to do in all situations. Don't forget to love on you this week, darling <3